PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA - May Employment
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 23:04
Tootles the Taxi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just abit naughty i feel with their marketing.
I've looked at the website; where precisely does it claim that graduates were placed by OAA? The only claim I can find is that a number of graduates have been employed by the named airlines. All the school's do this surely?

Plus I am also informed that OAA employment stats relate to cadets who have secured employment this year, and takes no account of what year they finished their course.
That is correct. I know of a guy who was recently listed who had completed his training in 2001.

5. You have a lot of non UK citizens at Oxford. Some of these people gain employment with various airlines back home i.e KLM, Transavia, Air Asia etc. Surely I would not get a chance of employment with these airlines. I am uncertain then of what percentage of UK or Irish national actually gain employment after leaving OAA.
CK raises an interesting point. Very true that you would have a snowballs roll in hell chance of gaining employment with KLM, Transavia or Martinair but the EPST graduates all have a chance at BA, Easyjet et al and they get jobs there. Seems a little biased to me?

At the end of the day though you have to bear in mind that aviation is like all walks of life & networking is often the key to getting what you want. All the MCCI's at OAA are or have been TRI/TRE's & line pilots with a number of U.K. carriers - when you do the MCC course, these guy's will be assesing you & if you are any good might put a word in for you with a friend in the recruitment department. Sometimes, it's as basic as that.