PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Menaces of the "Guard Police" 31.5.08
Old 7th Jun 2008, 21:30
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp

Having checked my time and chart I was not where I should have been. I decided to call D&D (London Centre) for a position fix with a view to turning back. (I was in fact on track but not as far along it as I thought)The officer at D&D was most helpful and said he would route me well south of Wellesbourne.
Without wishing to split hairs this is what she said in the original post - I didnt read all the subsequent posts so sorry if this was added too.

Clearly in the decision making process she agreed to continue to destination - as I also said because

"although in this case I suspect it was more a matter that was what was offered by D and D"

Anyway, that wasnt anything to do with the point I sought to make which was more concerned with there being a number of factors in a pilots mind that persuades him to take one course of action over another and more particularly a pilot with more experience to tackle a problem in a different way to one with less. That doesnt necessarily mean the pilot with less experience made the wrong decision - it may well be the correct decision for him.