PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Menaces of the "Guard Police" 31.5.08
Old 7th Jun 2008, 17:12
gone till november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX

You did absolutely the right thing despite what some might think and your actions were that of an aviator and not some person who just flies.

Its part of my companies as it for most, sops to listen out on box two and i have heard some woeful abuses of 121.5 as i said in my last post. On one occassion two german pilots were doing the Muppets (how appropriate )Manama Na song......how stupid is that. On that occasion it elicited from me a get off guard you idiots and it stopped. I like most of my colleagues dont say anything but on occasion its needed as im sure the ATCO has other things to do and just accepts the "you're on guard" as a by product of busyier skies.

You initial post did seam a little anti commercial pilot and i must admit that i took a smidgen of offence to it. I certainly can appreciate your anger and loathing towards the offending crew and they deserve to a pass a hedghog next time they sit on the pot.

We are not all bad and as you say Emirates saved your bacon or should that be halal beef lamb chicken.

We ALL should listen out for a few seconds as we should do when changing frequency and then decide what to do.

Im glad that your back on the deck safe and sound and im sure this has been a bitter sweet experience learning/curve and as i was once told we all must have at least one survivable emergency to learn.

I have a feeling that this issue is not going to go away easily until some smarty pants comes up with a way of identifying both culrpits of this problem.

Good luck to you and safe flying to all

Moggiee

I did say "seemingly" as that what it appeared to me as.