PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2008, 01:47
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cptvac
I defy you to show one instance where I have "slandered" the Teamsters OR even commented on the Teamsters.

So you will know what we are talking about:

Slander \Slan"der\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Slandered; p. pr. &
vb. n. Slandering.]
1. To defame; to injure by maliciously uttering a false
report; to tarnish or impair the reputation of by false
tales maliciously told or propagated; to calumniate.
[1913 Webster]

I guess you don't bother to read your own "cut and pasting". Then again, most of us don't either after the second time and give even less credence to it. I've passed your posts around to check if I was just imagining it. Since yesterday, five are in agreement with me out of the eleven Teamsters mailed. Still waiting on the other six to respond.

My postings normally have something to back them up. Usually with a link to a verifiable source or have been witnessed by a third party. Not just my say-so like you.

Yours, lets just say they carry less weight than the paper you can print them on, stating only innuendo and malice directed by the Polar leadership.

As to standing behind others, we don't. We stand in front, in unity, requiring court orders to tell us to stop (Federal Order 1 in PDF Order 2 in PDF) and only then stand aside. BTW your MEC lied about the court orders to your membership, and took that VARS down at ALPA National order. Luckily there were copies and recordings of that.

What has your leadership done that can be remotely considered union to union oriented? Request relief from struck work agreements and only monitored A/C loads from an office in Purchase NY in the run up to the Atlas strike count down? At least Atlas guys crawled around on the freight and checked airbills for your freight, even after being ordered back to work for the sympathy strike we held for Polar.

Fragments of what you say are true. Dave Bourne is the Teamsters National Airline Director. Atlas and Polar will be under single carrier status. We will become Teamsters. The rest of what you say is slander.

While on the subject, we need your authorization cards sent in http://atlasforteamsters.com/docs/au...ationcard1.pdf. There is a limited time after the NMB filing that new cards will be accepted by them. So get them into the address on the new instruction sheet. The Polar turnout has been refreshingly great and we do appreciate it. We know it isn't everyone at Polar that are problems. We've identified a large number of those. Thanks again.

Last edited by nitty-gritty; 7th Jun 2008 at 05:54.