PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Menaces of the "Guard Police" 31.5.08
Old 6th Jun 2008, 20:39
gone till november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DX

I thought your post was fantastic up until your seemingly anti jet pilot rant.

Whilst i agree with you and your particular use of 121.5 there are many people who do use it for some of the non correct uses as listed above. I would also like to fess up as someone who has been an occasional " your on guard", it has only been to some of the thick pilots who have.....on one occasion been singing or laughing or many of the other dumb things you hear.

I maybe alone but i think in these circumstances ,it is, to a point justified.

I have been he target of that dreaded phrase a few times and quite rightly so as i was transmitting on 121.5 by mistake a call to the FBO or calling ATC or whatever and this is where i think your comments fall down.

You sit happily in your nice, comfy, super-equipped aircraft flying along in the beautiful blue sky above the clouds with not a care in the world except perhaps what you are going to have for your next meal, or what is in the day’s newspapers.
This is a slight on ALL (as you call it ) professional pilots and be-littles your earlier sensible and interesting heartfelt comment.

eagle 21

The problem is down to standards, gentelmen keep up the self discipline and proffesionalism
Best thing said so far and i think that if people listen out for two seconds before they dribble out "you're on guard" then they can make an assesment of if its a muppet, genuine mistake (like ive done a few times.....sorry) or real emergency and then act accordingly.

Glad to hear that you landed safely DX and some of your anger is justified but some of it is misguided.

Last edited by gone till november; 6th Jun 2008 at 21:45.