PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAA - May Employment
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2008, 17:27
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to know the patter from the marketing team at OAA at the present time. It is without doubt a good marketing machine, but what are the answers to some of the more probing questions, keeping in mind the current economic climate. Or does anyone challenge them before handing over 75K +?

Mine would be,

1. Why OAA, if the majority of your cadets go to FR? My mate went modular, saved xyz, attended an FR open day and got an assessment. Surely that´s all I need to do?

2. How long will it typically take for me to gain employment when I leave OAA? I hear your employment stats relate to students who have gained employment without making reference to when they completed training at OAA? Also, what do I have to do for you to recommend me to an airline? Surely paying an extra 30K plus over the cost of a modular course gives me the chance of a job .... or does it?

3. You advertise Airline Schemes quite heavily. Why, out of the 5 companies that you claim you association with, only 2 have recruited from OAA this year? Whats that about?

4. If we do our initial training in the USA, where the currency is quite weak and the price of fuel is considerably cheaper than in Europe, why is the cost of this course so much higher?

5. You have a lot of non UK citizens at Oxford. Some of these people gain employment with various airlines back home i.e KLM, Transavia, Air Asia etc. Surely I would not get a chance of employment with these airlines. I am uncertain then of what percentage of UK or Irish national actually gain employment after leaving OAA.

IMO people should, and maybe are, asking these questions when they visit OAA and get all the ´spin.´I am not slating the school, it is regarded as one of the top FTO´s in the world today. I just think in today´s environment it is no longer a viable option to those people who a required to self-fund. And by self-fund, I MEAN self fund.