PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 17:37
v1andgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR8Dog
I have nothing to do with Polar or the BoBBs.
As a Gaint guy, I prefer to stay with the facts. I certainly do not like what's happening in our industry or our economy, and I am glad to be here. But we all need to face reality.
Please, read the below News update from ATW on this subject.
Two items:
1. If things get really bad in the ecomomy and Emirates has to make cuts, the contract will be the first to go.
2. If DHL is able to team up with UPS for their domestic lift they might also consider to codeshare internationally especially when the economy slows any further.
Neither one of these senarios would help Atlas or Polar.

Emirates SkyCargo carried 1.3 million tonnes of cargo in the fiscal year ended March 31, up 10.9% year-over-year, and boosted revenue 20% to AED6.4 billion ($1.7 billion), comprising 19% of Emirates' total revenue. But Divisional Senior VP-Cargo Ram Menen warned that the current fiscal year "will not be easy" and that cargo operators are entering into a "correction period" that will weed out inefficient players. "All carriers will have to refine their operating practices and airlines operating fuel inefficient aircraft will not survive," he warned at a gathering of SkyCargo employees. EK will take delivery of the first of eight 777Fs it has on order later this year.