PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 5th Jun 2008, 11:46
Rak-a-san

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
relax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 242
You are just so stupid! If you want to have industrial action, just do it. Make a statement and the rest of the employees will support you 100% To just have an unofficial go slow is worse than doing nothing. It plays right into managements hands, allowing GD to put the delays on you, and imply that a highly skilled work force is incompetent and needs replacing. By just having a go slow puts enormous pressure on the flight crew, extending what was a 12 hour day into a 13 hour day. It does have an effect on the safety of the flight. Yes I am one of the flight crew that is effected by these go slows. Yes I support your case, but I do in no way condone pi55ing off thousands of passengers, who on many cases are setting of on a holiday that that have been saving for for years.
If you want to go on strike, do it. Passengers will understand.
To just delay everything with unofficial actions just makes you appear incompetent.

Maaaate....... We are not on a go slow, we just have a **** load less people avail to carry out the work. Remember when your at the gate usally there is a sh*t load more that is happening everywhere else. Aircraft are getting grounded because they are unserviceable and UNSAFE. I thank you for your support..... please be patient. 99% of engineers normally give up to 120% due to most of us have a professional conscience. There are a lot of aircraft that are getting older and things are now piling up. The remaining engineers on shift are now not giving the normal 120% just doing their job. If GD was'nt so bloody arrogant and came to meetings when he was supposed to maybe this whole thing would be sorted out by now. I hear your your complaints but unfortunately I dont agree with you. I applaud the crews for being understanding and believe it or not there are a lot of passengers who are also behind us (not just our mums). GD is making a fool of himself evertime he gets interviewed. He seems to forget what he has told one media group and goes and contradicts himself in another ............. tut tut tut

Be patient my friend, maybe everyone in QF will get to benefit