PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Expats in India beyond July 2010
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 10:17
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
77.Shailesh,

Based on your comment, next time I am in India and fly with an Indian carrier I will demand to know the PIC's hours and time on type.

I will not fly with an inexperienced crew and I will not let my family fly with an inexperienced crew. I trust my life to the crew and expect them to be professionals, just as I would trust a surgeon operating on me to be suitably qualified.

This is not a race issue (unless you choose to make it one), it is purely about operational safety. By the time a PIC flying an aircraft on which I am a passenger is heading into a monsoon storm at Mumbai or where ever, I expect them to have seen it many times before from the RHS under the guidance of someone who's seen it even more times.

Indonesian airlines (and other countries' airlines) have been banned from the EU due to operational deficiencies and lack of sufficient regulatory oversight; it can happen. Stuffing the place with inexperienced pilots will put those pilots in positions they are not equipped to handle and the consequences are easily foreseeable, and all too painful for those behind the reinforced door and those they leave behind.

Get off your India-vs-the world soap-box, this is not about race, it's about safety.

No one is impugning India's place in the world as an economic or political power - a strong India is good for the developed world just as it's good for Indians - but if India wants to play in the premier league, it has to learn to play by the premier league's rules - ie. opening up and not being so capricious in decision-making - and stop relying on protections available to those in the lower divisions.