PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF v Airline
Thread: RAAF v Airline
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 09:35
flyhigh744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway, the QF cadetship is the other option I would take, my worry about that is it pretty much has it's own ROSO for a whole life, let's be honest who here will admit the kid inside them wants them to fly for any other airline than the flag carrier. So by joining the 'ultimate' (slight sincerity mixed with irony there) at the start of your career where would you go? Do you feel you are lacking somewhat in knowledge of being around the traps in GA and Military like other pilots you work with?
I wouldn't say that I got disadvantaged in any way. Most of my mates came through from the cadetship as well so I can't really help you there. But if you study the theory well and put this into practice effectively, there should not be any problem. I found myself quite entertained at some points whilst learning under the QF Cadetship.

Some people argue that GA gives you more of a realistic life/aviation experience which I can't say that I dont disaree with, but my dream was to always fly the 747 (Perhaps now the A380) so I felt that the cadetship was the way to go.

Like other posts, just follow your heart. You'll have trouble coming up with a decision but hey, who said a career in aviation was easy.