PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2008, 00:13
OpsNormal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On crank 1000's final line of his/her post..... Then there is the stupidity of requiring an HSC (or at least QL's definition of an equivalent). Some of us left school well over twenty years ago and are still good enough to flog a similar (if not better performing and/or larger) regional turboprop around for a living, yet are not adequately educated enough to join QL even though we've (in many cases) sought out quite extensive further learning and training and in many instances have had quite successful businesses they built up and then sold to finance our flying.

Instead, we are sent the following calibre of correspondence (my bolding):

Dear OpsNormal,

In a recent evaluation of your QL First Officer application it was noted tha you have not attained a HSC or equivilant. You need this before your application can progress. Can you please clarifiy this situation.

Regards,

That in direct contrast to being told differently by a certain BG before he moved on a while ago now. The pot is certainly not calling the kettle black (my spelling and syntax is in no way perfect either), but in certain circumstances there may well be the odd demonstrated shortcoming in their recruitment practices that may continue to cause them grief.

I am happy enough where I am anyway but like everywhere - the current $$ could be better.