PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2008, 15:32
G-STAW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally think that is the key to a regional UK to major hub which is where Flyglobespan failed on the LPL-JFK route, there wasnt enough demand for just NYC from the Mersey.

Look at CO and EK for example. They are providing flights into major hubs but I would love to know the figure for the number of passengers who actually make this their final destination as I can probably assume not many! CO offers services from smaller airports such as BHX, BFS, BRS, EDI, GLA etc. where there may not be enough demand for just EWR. They do however have connections to various destinations across North and South America from the airport which makes the route viable! Same with EK and DXB - do you really think MAN has that high a demand for DXB - over 900 seats per day?!

By LH signing a contract with Jetblue it gives them the more destinations across the States which will also increase demand for their own flights to reach these destinations! I know it is very simple and has been happening for many years but I still believe it is the best way to fill aircraft and with the current economic climate, will be for some time to come!
ditto!

your 100% correct, this is EXACTLY why globespan's LPL-NYC failed, because of no connections.....you need at least connecting opertunities to succeed on a route like that, especially with major competition just 30 miles away. Personally i think LH will do very well on this route, especially with their codeshare with B6, and with a reputation of being one of the worlds most respected airlines.

Good luck!

G-STAW