PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Lockdown?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2008, 23:38
9th Dan Vectors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wizad

I would imagine you are a poor listener in person as you appear not to have read much of what I have posted recently on this forum.

All I asked was you to answer my specific question about banding. Stating you are 'spanked all day' doesn't cut it. I'm just looking for some reasoned debate.

Have you ever visited MACC to compare what we do? Are LTC and LAC equal in your mind? Are the LTMA Approach sectors equal in your mind? On a unit basis is your quietest sector busier than our busiest? What does busy mean?

Are your views based on hearsay or the culture at Swanwick that blindly assumes we are a backwater? I don't mind how you spell on here really, but it demonstrates to me that you do not seem willing to take your time and really think about what you want to say or how it'll be perceived.

As previously stated, I am aware we are a mobile grade and I'm also resigned to moving North. I have never trained at another unit either. I have never felt that the move from London to Southampton was easy for everyone. I would imagine for many staff and their families it may still be difficult.

Surely you can have some empathy for the problems some of us will face?

What annoys me is what appears (prove me wrong) to be an ignorant individual who clearly has a dislike for MACC controllers.

However, reading your rant it seems you perceive cost of living to justify the differential in pay maybe. I hope the next pay round is based along those lines, as basing it on traffic (without adequately accounting for staff) will continue the divisive and unjust mess we are in now. And continue to misinform and wrongly validate your prejudices.

Maybe banding has been done to death and it bores people but this vitriol directed at us for feeling hard done by without providing any intelligent comments is sickening.

Am I wrong? Is wizad representative of Swanwick ATCOs?