PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US crews need schengen visas?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 17:58
Scratch Pad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 411A
Not quite sure what 'bustet' refers to............................theirby
411A, some advice for you. If you are going to criticise someones spelling make sure your own is up to snuff, capische? Otherwise it tends to backfire and make you look stupid.

Lower fuel costs
Lower (or no, depending on the specific airport) landing fees,
Lower parking fees,
NO fees for filing a flight plan or obtaining a weather briefing,
Which is good enough already but when you see that the US$ is in the sh1tter compared to those pesky european currencies it makes it even cheaper for us to bring you the business. Good thing too really because let's face it, you need our money what with yours being worth next to nothing. Hell, there are third world economies doing better than yours at the moment.

In short, all the items that the UK/European business operators wish they had, but simply don't.
If dealing with redneck bigots like yourself is the price of having these things we'll go without thanks and just make do with our history and culture.

As a result, UK/European business aircraft operators (and their overworked/underpaid pilots,
This is my favourite part. I'd say type for type most european pilots earn 50-100% more than their american counterparts. I earn roughly DOUBLE that compared to the US$ paid guys I meet on recurrent.

They will continue to fly here, mostly for the many business opportunities available presently...
Funnily enough several of the businessmen I've taken to the US recently said exactly the same thing except they were a bit more predatory about it. They can buy out US companies for peanuts because of the parlous state of the dollar and manufacturing costs are a fraction of those in the rest of the civilised world. Congratulations, your workforce is on par with far east sweat shops. You must be very proud.

..... we simply don't care.
And while you were busy not caring (and being smug about it) it's all started falling apart. I don't know about Clinton or Obama, I think even Mugabe could improve on the state of things there at the moment.

Just remind us again how great y'all are

(I most sincerely apologise to my American relatives, friends and colleagues but an arse is an arse regardless of nationality and 411A is yours. See you in the bar).