PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet Announces Gatwick Expansion
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2001, 15:43
caulfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naturally,I would expect people who work for this company to defend it.
I have experienced low-cost travel on both sides of the Atlantic and apart from Southwest which is a shining exception,it has been consistently disappointing,if not demeaning.That has been my experience and I stand by it.
As for their pilots...well,obviously passengers dont see too much of them.Their impression of an airline is largely based on how they're treated by the other staff,the ones that are supposed to have at least some training in customer services,the ones that are supposed to see the passengers as their guests on board not as an annoying nuisance,the ones that are supposed to help the passengers to their seats and hang their coats not remain hidden behind the curtain at the back chatting about god-knows what,the ones that should know that a PA should at least be audible(dangerous if theres an emergency) but shouldn't deafen the poor passengers either...and so on.
Passengers arent stupid,they NOTICE these things.Its about taking pride in your job,and if you dont like your job and see the passengers as the enemy,then you have no business being there.

SWA understand that low-cost travel isnt a ticket to ignore or disrespect the passengers.They dont pamper or cosset but they're reasonably attentive and POLITE.And their staff are predominantly late twenties/thirties.
Perhaps you should take a leaf out of SWA's book or send a quality control team out to the far east and see how its done..their customer service is always impeccable,whether its major carrier(SIA) or low-cost(JAL Express).
Is that silent enough for you?