PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polar/Atlas The Saga Continues
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 15:48
nitty-gritty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After reading through some of that, I can see how it got done. Didn't have ALPA National and Legal directing it.

It is an IBT (Teamsters) driven contract. Good thing Atlas and Polar are going Teamsters if Atlas for Teamsters have anything to do with it. Keep the cards coming. They are needed now! Priority mail if possible due to the filing date. Numbers count in how National will fight back. Polar crews, yours will count also when we file despite previous comments of others here. The Card in PDF

But back at ALPA National now, they are now saying that there really isn't a 270 day clock ticking on the current merger. Despite what they said before and policy. Kind of figured that ALPA National would try to find a way to back out of it just to subvert the decertification of ALPA vote. I think the ALPA National attitude is "Oh yeah, well sue us if you don't like it!" Of course that fits with the attitude of the Polar MEC whom said in the past that it will be a cold day in Hell before we merged.

Rules are rules until they get in the way at ALPA National.

I want to take a moment to say good-by to the ALPA staff I've worked with at National that are now being dismissed June 15th because of the budget cuts. Thanks for all of you past support and help. Good luck and blue skies.