PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 13:42
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Standards

It's very sad if the Airport either does not have the power or the inclination to penalise these service partners when they underperform. If there isn't something in the services providers' contracts/ agreements with the airport, then there jolly well should be. These organisations have been given the right to do business on the airport; they should put up or be kicked where it hurts - in the pocket. BAA Airports get financially penalised if they don't perform, so why shouldn't a similar system be devised for service providers?

The Airport should be a run as a team effort and it is a shame, but perhaps inevitable in this age, to read of the blame culture. But at the end of the day, most punters don't care two hoots who is to blame - it is the Airport's brand that will suffer and the pax will look elsewhere if they can. And I thought in this day and age, brand was everything? Surely the airport should be taking steps to protect it before it is irretrievably tainted?

But then what of other airports? Even if another airport has the flights you want will you get better levels of service? Maybe not. So is it a case that some of the older ones amongst us remember when UK airports levels of customer service were generally much higher, whilst the current generation are used to what we get now and don't see anything wrong? A nice exam question perhaps?

Suzeman

PS Well spotted Winco Dinco on A330 ETOPS cut and paste from Wikithingamigig. I thought some of it sounded strange - now I know why !!