PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Episode of Lost last night
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 11:39
eivissa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The chopper was a 204 and i guess they took especially that one cause the N-reg (N842M) was quite suitable for the big mystery thing going on about the "magic numbers" (4 8 15 16 23 42) in this series. I actually love the hole show. Its quite adicting if you start from the beginning, but i can see the point about the unrealistic aviation stuff. Especially the helocrash. The chopper runs out of fuel so the engine stops...ok...but then the pilot starts acting as if he has a hyd. failure as he steers with his two hands on the sticks...he couldnt be bothered about the collectives position and realistically you could here the rotor blades coming allmost to a halt. The is no autorotation or a flare but all come out alive after the helo impacts the sea...all quite stupid, but i still loved watching the hole sequence.

Anyway...if you hate that one...watch the knight rider 2008 pilot. They seem to have had no money for any helicopter scene so they took footage from the a-team or something from the 70s and mixed it up with other stuff.
This is all one sequence...
you see a green a109 flying by, next shot, a 355 cockpit, next shot, a red 350 flying by, next shot a green huey making a steep turn...this was all supposed to be the same helicopter...thats what i call love to detail