PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2008, 03:53
J0N0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Let's just figure out a way to solve this problem and stop the bit=ching. What would it take to stay at Eastern or Sunstate? Who would you like to see you through the rising oil prices and uncertain economy, (management team...or at least management style if the mod's won't allow names)? How long would you stay under said conditions?

I am sure we ALL have our own (best) way to run a company. I cant see the current management getting a restructure so they could help all the employees out with some transparency, good communication to the troops and when making a promise sticking to it or not making it in the first place!!
2. If Eastern or Sunstate were to get the 717s from National Jet and you were to upgrade to captain in seniority, would you stay?

Yes and I think this would help, of course the younger guys would still wanna go fly a Dreamliner but the older guys who still want a jet.......reckon this would make a lot of them happy enough....

3. How much to fly a 717 (and stay)?

Hmmm tough one but bias it down from say the 737 QF pay scale on its size rather than up from the Dash 8 pay scale.

4. What time would you allow yourself to be upgraded to a 717 if such an offer were made?

I think if it was in place and there was an actual seniority list linking to the 717 the people could judge for themselves, some will of course go but like I said above the older guys and those wanting the regional llifestyle would stick it out knowing it was coming!

5.Would you sign a bond?

Yes. As much as managment may be unpopular they DO have to keep the company running and to upgrade people onto a jet (or any aircraft) in the current climate of mass progression a bond is reasonable.

6. Do you enjoy flying for the QF group?

Yes and despite some shocking mismanagment there are some people who actually still do like the job and dont want to leave for DJ or J*

7. Do you think a flow-through agreement to QF mainline is imperative to your growth in QLink?

As the Manager Flying opps made reference to himself if they could offer progression into Mainline they would sort out a major part of the staffing problems AND give Virgin a harder time in the process.

8. Would you leave anyway?

I dont WANT leave now, see how things go I guess..........

Last edited by J0N0; 2nd Jun 2008 at 03:55. Reason: to add some Italics I missed!!