PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 23:32
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A330 ETOPS

Lots of interesting plans there and as you say some are already under way. But where will the money come from, especially for the longer term projects, with a stagnant/ declining demand? Whether you like it or not, no-one builds ahead of demand nowadays.Sweating the assets means more profit but look what happens to service standards. In addition MAG look like they will be spending money on the acquisition trail with BHD and LGW appearing to be in their sights

Several different T2 extensions have been planned over the years and nothing has happened yet. Same with the T1-T2 link which was originally proposed when T2 opened but was dropped in the value engineering (= cost cutting) exercise at the time.

And a full length parallel taxiway for 23L/05R would I think trigger off a major planning inquiry as the Bollin Tunnel would need to be extended. As for a third runway - well dream on. In the current and forseeable climate no need.

And can you please let me know what you mean by the "original Fire Station site" as I think the current one N side near Ocean Sky has been there since the mid 1960s?

Suzeman