PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - quesion for panavia tornado
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 20:37
flipflopman RB199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LP,

This was early to mid 90's. The RAPTOR trials, with the modified 2250L tank as the carrying body for the Raytheon equipment, was 1999. This was all with GR1's. It was also at this time that there was an uncommanded release of a 27mm round into the Arming pan at Boscombe from a certain GR1b, if you care to check the records (PM me for the serial No.)

As goes the RTS, or the SD, sorry mate, that is far beyond my remit, however, as you know full well, there was never an RTS for this fit, nor did I intimate there was one. The work with this fit was clearly trial related, and as such, I didn't have more to do with it than to ensure that the tanks all functioned as advertised, and that the fuel system was in perfect working order for the flights. As goes the RAPTOR fit, my role as Line Walker involved making sure that the prototype RAPTOR pod (as a 2250L tank) was not damaged in any way upon landing or otherwise, and also assisting the Raytheon agents in keeping the pod serviceable. That includes providing the broomhandle to reset the circuit breakers!!

Flipflopman