PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - quesion for panavia tornado
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 18:23
flipflopman RB199

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LP,

Thank you for bowing so graciously to my first hand knowledge, but if you were to do a spot of research, you would perhaps see that it's not only my word you have to take, but several years of fully documented research, that show that the 2250s can be taken on the shoulders, whether that is in a wet fuel load situation, or a solid external hard stored situation. I spent 3 years on the Strike Attack OEU, 5 years on the F3 OEU and 2 years on the Fast Jet and Weapons OEU, so perhaps my memory is indeed clouded, but somehow I think not.

Roymac,

As I said mate, this was in a Trials environment, on the SAOEU, and was certainl ynot in a situation that you would normally find

As goes the Centre Line Pylon fuel points, they were most certainly designed to carry fuel, and indeed, the GR varient SI194 uses the centre line pylon fuel connection to drain the vent lines on the aircraft. The F3 does not have the plumbing for a centre line pylon, so has its SI194 vent line drain carried out via the Defuel line and the main fuel coupling.

Cheers,

Flipflopman