PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2008, 18:03
321go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
321go

Terminal one is no better I assure you. I returned on Saturday from Frankfurt. I travelled out last week (Business Class) and what a disaster. Firstly, the Lufthansa Check in has moved down stairs from level 5 to the the Jet 2 area (no signs). Of course Escalator and lift not working - Chaos lugging bags down the stairs with no one knowing where to go. Not enough space at the new check in - the queue (Lufthansa scheduled flight) going back up the stairs!!. Baggage system broke down. After check in troll back up the stairs to the new security system.Chaos again...Being business class you get a pass at check in for the fast lane (this is what you pay extra for - speed). Guess what "Sorry Sir the fast lane is closed" - join the queue with everyone else. 20 minutes later I'm in the new departure lounge - stopped by countless people asking where the gates are??? Its a big shop with no way out except some small doors at the end which you cant see when you enter the area. No one in there buying anything but plenty of people getting lost. Manchester has got it wrong - Badly wrong!.On my return the queues through immigration were crazy.Traffic down yet the airport experience is getting worse.I now know why traffic is down - passengers just dont need the hassle at Manchester.Have the people running the airport and designing such concepts got any airport and customer service back ground - I think not?.