PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap FI course
Thread: Cheap FI course
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2008, 09:18
Nearly There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never ceases to amaze me the nonsense you get on these forums sometimes
Got to agree with you there, some people read into things completely the wrong way.

Im in a similar situation to you and your freinds, and am currently doing an FIC along with a few others.
All of us on the course have fATPLs, would we have all that if we wanted to be instructors, no.
Ultimately we all want multicrew jobs, but as you know this dont happen the day after MCC ends!
So whats your options sit on your arse and wait,like that works!! or as you said find a reasonable FIC and instruct, and yes you are building hours, nothing wrong with that, its a proven route, an apprenticeship, first step on the ladder whatever you want to call it.

I remember doing my PPL, all my instructors could not wait to get to airlines, didnt effect there teaching in anyway, and it was inspirational to me as a wet behind the ears PPL student to see these guys moving on and getting the elusive 1st job.

Credit to all fATPLs doing the FI thing, it shows commitment to aviation and a willing to progress forward, instead as I said earlier sitting on your butt waiting for the phone to ring.

Its a flying job,your sharpening your own skills, its good experience, you meet some great people from airline skippers to the trial lesson victims!

Best of luck Tiger Moth and friends, your not the only ones!