PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap FI course
Thread: Cheap FI course
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 22:43
Tiger_ Moth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To those of you who replied with some useful advice, thankyou.

Piper Classique, if you are going to have a go at me at least have the decency to read my post properly. A "not of the highest quality" course is NOT ok by me, that is precisely why I asked to be warned against such courses.

Frontlefthamster, I don't understand your contempt, I have done nothing wrong. I understand I am only a f/atpl and I have no illusions about being "gods gift to aviation". What makes you think I do!?!

Perhaps it is partly my fault you got this impression as I wasn't clear in my post about my motivations, but I don't see why you guys just assumed!
It has always been my plan to gain an FI rating because I would love to pass on what I've learned and share my passion with others. I would not be doing it for the hours or to keep "my hand in" because I don't need the hours and the experience would not be relevant to airline flying anyway. As I have a wait for a job it seems logical to consider going about getting the rating now. I'm not doing it to build hours at some poor guys expense: I'm doing it because it's what I love and the fact that I'm considering spending all my remaining money to get one I would have thought would indicate that I am doing it because I have a passion for it.

I do not see anything wrong with what I posted, I for one think I will make a humble and capable instructor, be it soon or some years down the line. I know the difference that a good instructor can make from my own, admittedly limited experience, and will strive to be a competent professional instructor myself who takes a real interest in their students.

It never ceases to amaze me the nonsense you get on these forums sometimes. How dare you.

Last edited by Tiger_ Moth; 30th May 2008 at 23:59. Reason: typo