PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2008, 04:25
Newgen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Very proud LAME

Ok guys....it's my first post on pprune so be nice...

Just wanted to say how impressed I was yesterday with all (or should I say most) of my collegues. It wasn't just a stand for something just and deserved for all of us....a CPI adjustment to bring us back from a long way behind the 8-ball....but it was also a clear display to management, the media, pax, and whoever else cared to look or ask, that we are an intelligent, respectful and extremely professional lot.

I returned to my workplace at lunchtime to find a gaggle of security guards expecting a riot with the engineer/managers who stayed on the floor, but they were instead greeted by a bunch of professional engineers who took handovers without fuss and resumed normal duties under some pretty trying circumstances (and quite a few spot fires to extinguish left by the alternate workforce...but that's for a CROSS report and not this forum).

Well done everyone for both making a stand for what's right and for doing it in such a professional manner. Every pilot, cabin crew member, caterer, ramp worker and AME I spoke to yesterday was in 100% support of us and made me very proud.

If QF had a morale problem before...it's about to get a whole lot worse I feel.