PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 29th May 2008, 01:18
Bla_Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southside747

in regards to ur comments:
"As to the current bickering, there are many of us who saw it coming before the last EBA was signed off. What did you all honestly think would happen? Sadly, it is only get to get worse as we get more divided. As time goes on, it is going to get much worse, nothing we can do to change that.

As for the fees, my belief is that it should be a percentage of your salary (not a flat rate for all). Current Longhaul crew may have to pay a little more, QCCA crew a little less. Anything different is going to result in further division. I personally would rather pay a little more in order to hopefully keep us better unified, as the cost of the alternative will be much more than the additional fees. Division is going to cost a lot more that a few measly dollars per annum."

OMG ! couldnt agree more. as per many of my previous threads thats the whole reason i started putting messages out here. i have always been pro union, but am not prepared to pay the current FAAA fees, specially since we dont have any QCCA reps there and we dont get paid the same. that aside, i would love the union to come up with a solution to this. and again, trust me, they will not have any QCCA members. and im assure you all that im not alone on that one!
its not only a matter of the $$$, a lot of the newbies are not here for the long run. just ask out online. they will tell u. they dont care cause the majority of them will not be here in 4-5 years time, so this whole discussion about the next EBA they are not interested at all. they will all be drunk at a full moon party somewhere in thailand.
the minority, crew in their 30's + ( incl. ex ansett, ex mammers, people with financial commitments,plus a few of the young ones with their heads screwed on ) they do care to a cretain degree.