PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Lockdown?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 20:42
250 kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mahaba,

And the evidence of the 1st claim is?????? Is it not the case that 4 people at MACC have just been given dates to move to Swanwick to take up promotions?

Like it or not NATS has a business to run and the release of staff has to be when they can realistically be allowed to go without having a massive affect on that business-tough I know but part of the new world in which we operate.

Once again you start a thread just like on January 11th suggesting that you are being treated differently and unfairly compared to everyone else.

2. Trawl for Swanick guys to MACC - we'd be amazed if anyone took this up - why?
- BAND 4 - £15k/yr pay cut.- Voted in by a very large majority of staff
- AAVA - less per day-don't do 'em if you don't like the rate
- CENTRE - no gym/ sports hall!-really an issue at a place of work?
- LOCATION - nice loooooooong walk from car park to work.-you won't want to do it more than you have to then,give the AAVAs a miss. Resolved at NPC
- STAFFING - always short. And we aren't????
- LEAVE - always a tight one. I would suggest the new regime at LACC is the tightest at any unit now
- EQUIPMENT - Outdated. Resolved at NPC
- PROSPECTS - NPC. Sorts out the car park and equipment issue

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. I have every sympathy with you folks having to move against your will but NATS seem to be recognising the problems,albeit at this late stage and at least trying something different. I'm assuming that you would take a move south if someone expressed interest in moving to MACC and then on to Prestwick despite it being such a ridiculous idea?

I'm sure there are places in Europe that could be filled by MACC guys but they are relatively rare unless you have the ability to speak the local language for internal co-ordinations. I believe the Spanish require level 6 proficiency for example.

Last edited by 250 kts; 28th May 2008 at 20:53.