PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 16:29
Taildragger67

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saman,

It's not 'be at the Bank of England with in 45 minutes' - it's 'be at Canary Wharf 25 minutes' after landing.

E14 is where most of the US banks are (with the main exceptions of JPMorgan and Merrill Lynch).

WHBM,

What sort of 'service to Europe' would you suggest? These a/c will be fitted out for J-cls only and so won't fit into the normal S/H ops.

I agree that lunchtime & early-evening departures are probably best, but there are hotels in E14 (eg. Four Seasons, Radisson); most J-classers would probably already get company car transport to/from but the DLR is usually quicker from both Bank and CW anyway during the rush-hour. That said, BA run a 08.15 EGLL-KJFK and it's full in J.

Also, I didn't know City was closed on weekends?

Anyway, Heathrow Airport, this all got a good airing on PPRuNe when it was announced a few months ago. Today's instalment is just inking the contract but, as has already been alluded to, it keeps it in the public eye and makes it harder for anyone else to do it without looking like a me-too.

I'm looking forward to the photos of the largest and smallest Airbus a/c parked-up next to each other at KJFK!