PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Lockdown?
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 16:29
Mahaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manchester Lockdown?

Two points really;

1. Although MACC AREA guys knows it's hard to get out of the centre unless on promotion, something else seems to be happening. If they apply for a position to escape the move and pass an assessment, we suspect that, because the new unit cannot be given a release date, then the successful applicant is being told he/she is actually being told they have been unsuccessful. If this is true then NATS is reneging on their promise to give every assistance to people not wanting to go to NPC. Strange that!

2. Trawl for Swanick guys to MACC - we'd be amazed if anyone took this up - why?
- BAND 4 - £15k/yr pay cut.
- AAVA - less per day
- CENTRE - no gym/ sports hall!
- LOCATION - nice loooooooong walk from car park to work.
- STAFFING - always short.
- LEAVE - always a tight one.
- EQUIPMENT - Outdated.
- PROSPECTS - NPC.

- Like i say - we'd be amazed. We're mostly all digging as many tunnels as we can but as that means we'll be lost to the company - taking our experience & ability with us. What are NATS doing about it? Trawling Swanick!!

Wonder if the European ANSP's kow if they can fill their staff shortages with experienced NATS MACC guys relatively quickly?

- We accept the move is coming but NATS must accept that by forcing this move on us - most guys would rather go somewhere they would want to be - ME, CANADA, EUROPE (?) than somewhere they wouldn't and i would respectfully suggest that trawling Swanick guys is both not the answer and an insult to their intelligence.