PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 28th May 2008, 08:55
Southside747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you lot think the news just released is bad, wait till the bloodbath that is the international review is complete in the next week. If you think the domestics are suffering a hit, don't celebrate just yet. Our punch is still being loaded.

My mail is that 744's will go as the 380 arrives in a 1 for 1 replacement (ie. 6 by early next year). Potentially more 767's to cease international ops (ie. Japan, and a reduction in HNL). South America to be put on hold indefinately, and SFO and FRA under review, with SFO likely to reduce the amount of weekly services back to 3.

So where does that leave longhaul crew? QCCA will be safe with the 380. Unlikely they will be parked. Where and when will the 787's arrive?

As to the current bickering, there are many of us who saw it coming before the last EBA was signed off. What did you all honestly think would happen? Sadly, it is only get to get worse as we get more divided. As time goes on, it is going to get much worse, nothing we can do to change that.

As for the fees, my belief is that it should be a percentage of your salary (not a flat rate for all). Current Longhaul crew may have to pay a little more, QCCA crew a little less. Anything different is going to result in further division. I personally would rather pay a little more in order to hopefully keep us better unified, as the cost of the alternative will be much more than the additional fees. Division is going to cost a lot more that a few measly dollars per annum.

The next week, then the next 12 months will be very interesting for Longhaul crew.

Brace Brace Brace.