PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 27th May 2008, 12:19
cart_elevator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh lord - stop whingeing QCCA

I had to move to London for two years - it was the only way I could keep my job here in Australia! I made that decision, am glad I did, and dont blame anyone for me saying 'yes' to do it.

Try living in London on QCCA wages because that's what we did!

It's all about personal decisions.

I do JNB back to back. That's my lot at the moment and I accept it, I make the most of it and have fun every time! Whenever I here QCCA crew complain about JNB's I point out that some SYD crew have been doing nothing but JNB's for 6 years.

We all have different conditions .. QAL, QCCA, QCCUK, BKK and AKL ... the one thing we all have in common is choice:

If it's that f**king terrible for you, then just leave!

It's a no-brainer

But please dont think you can get away with doing less work onboard because your conditions are different to those who are working with you - others have tried it and have been sacked. You are paid [enter pay-scale here] to do a job. If you dont want to do it for that pay scale, then just leave.

Oh and I must add - the only whinging crew from QCCA that I have met are all ex-MAM.

The rest are lovely, and enjoy it. Funny, my friends from SH constantly tell me that MAM crew do nothing but whinge, so I guess leopards dont change their spots.

Life is a choice guys, dont like what you do for the money you get paid? ... do something else for someone else! Or get together and change it at the next EBA.

I know I will never get choice of holidays, never get a choice of days off ++ shrugs ++ but I still enjoy what I do, and do it damm well