PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 27th May 2008, 01:36
Bla_Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dear roamingwolf

valid points guys. my suggestion is now deal with the consequences.
and to answer ur question:
"Would you fight it at all costs Bla_Bla and risk your job?"

I would. The company had it too easy if u ask me. and im sorry u guys sold yourselves very cheap. ( my opinion !!! ).
if i could turn back time i would have stayed as a MAM casual. unfortunatelly i cant go back. was making far more money back than. yeah no staff travel. and so what ? waisting my precious holiday time around airports, getting bumped off flights and begging ground staff for a seat ? sorry. not for me. much rather pay for a confimred seat. and for not having holiday pay. i always had enough saved up for it.
I would love to find out the percentage of QCCA that wil last till the next EBA.
Most of us are not here for the long run. thast y we dont take up expensive FAAA membership fees and we dont care whats gonna happen in 5 years time.
just ask out online what those 18, 19 and 20 yo are gonna be doing in 4 years time ?
u guys got what may have seen at the time a good deal. time will tell.
thats how i c it. some may say its a pessimistic view i say its realistic.
A crew member told me the other day: " they wont pay me enough so i will just lazy around i wont be here for ever. "
19yo fresh out of school. do u think he will pay expensive union fees to fight for something that he doesnt care ? do u think he cares if he is on the 11th or the 45th floor? all he cares is where hes gonna get drunk tonight.