PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 27th May 2008, 01:06
roamingwolf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my answer to that is that they should have fought for all new crew to be employed under the same conditions as u r. AT ALL COSTS.
Bla_Bla,mate thats easy to say but getting it is something else.
You say "at all costs" so what if the company did not offer any cabin crew jobs in Australia and gave them all to people from OS.
Jetstar have just done that and are bringing pilots in from OS and you reckon the company would not do any different with cabin crew?
veronica has said time and time that we should not have done it but the real problem is not what we should have done but how weshould have got anything different.
how do you know the company would budge,look at the probs the ginger beers are having.
Do you think the company would hire more crew on Aust l/h pay when they have mam crew flying s/h for a lot less and l/h bases in akl and bkk earning a lot less.
Dixon threw the dice a long time ago and we had bu$$#@ all choice because others had already accepted the deal.
I reckon the union should look at a deal for new crew paying less than we do for union rep.I don't reckon you guys should pay what we are cause you earn a lot less and thats fair.But I reckon if we are going to have a shot at stopping the company from steam rolling all of us then mate we have to work together.

But thinking about this what would you new guys and girls do if at the next eba the company said they wanted a 'C' pay which is lower than what 'B' pay is?
the trickis that the company tells you that if you don't go along with the deal they will start up bases all over the place and you guys will end up loosing a lot of your flying.

Would you fight it at all costs Bla_Bla and risk your job?

I can see the company chucking a hissy fit to the government over the price of fuel and how tough they are having it with sia and emirates .
Then the government let them bring cabin crew in on 457 visa's just like Jetstar are going to do with pilots.
If you don't think Dixon would try then you must believe in the tooth fairy too.

Last edited by roamingwolf; 27th May 2008 at 01:23.