PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 26th May 2008, 03:48
QFLHFA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It frustrates me to hear QFA crew talking about low wages of other cabin crew when in fact QCCA are have the lowest base salary for cabin crew in Australia. I am so embarrassed they even comment about it. Then some also ask them about their conditions yet they voted them in? I guess a majority of people just saw the $'s Qantas threw and ticked yes? Bit like dangling a carrot infrot of a rabbit.

I also agree that QCCA will outnumber QF in 5 years time, if they don't outnumber them, the percentage will be at least half if not more, and without their involvement with the union QFA are toast.

QF looked for crew with previous flying experience in most cases when hiring for QCCA.Most have come from other airlines which don't use seniority, MAM, Jetstar, Emirates, Virgin, Tiger, Qantaslink, so I doubt crew from QCCA really care for it now, especially since QCCA will be at the bottom of a very old list.

I also support the theory of QCCA paying a reduced rate of union fee's it should be based on your salary. If QF can create a B scale that the union supported, then the union should support it by offering a B scale membership fee.