PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attention:Qantas Longhaul Flight Attendants Accommodation
Old 26th May 2008, 01:15
Bla_Bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stubby jumbo

couldnt agree more with u. at the end of this EBA 8 QCCA will outnumber QAL and with all honesty we ( and i speak for the friends that i have ) dont give a rats a** about seniority.
we, that have come from MAM, are used to NO seniority. and in terms of how up u r in the "hotel" seniority ladder, love, i wont even go there. as i previously said its just a room. and as i heard the other day from a QCCA flight attendant's mouth: " that b***h can have the 43rd floor. i am happy on the 11th . its just a room and in case there's a fire im closest to the ground than she is !!!".
that said, cant wait to c hwo many QCCA members the union will have.
and yes A_B_P and UDP, there r 2 of u. congrats.
i wish i could afford the current union fees. i am and have always been union pro, dont take me wrong. my problem is i can not afford $625 per year. and when i say that, i assure you, i am not alone. in my case and in many others it is an affordability problem.
in short haul the union would cost me about $300 per year. have always been a member since the day i joined. but that was half than the current membership. in my case i have bills coming out of my pores. do u know how much i could stock up my pantry with $ 625 ? food to last me a while. i knw its sad but its reallity.
would love the FAAA to come up with a better deal after the end of this financial year. as a short haul casual we only paid half the ammount that the QF SH crew, which was a really good deal for eveybody. its just a suggestion. and not once i heard any QF SH crew saying that it was unffair.