PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HUMBERSIDE - 2
Thread: HUMBERSIDE - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2008, 19:18
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
Circseam, you have been saying the same doom and gloom comments for the past four years and yet very little has changed, if HUY is holding DSA back like you seem to point out then it has a lot more to worry about than i thought.

DSA is third rate, its sole business route to BHD is bringing low loads and yet consistantly low fares also which suggests low yields. I believe Peel will be paying through the teeth for it. Why do you think routes to CDG and AMS have not been restarted from there? The question needs to be asked if DSA is viable long term, please dont quote pax numbers or the size of the catchment area as these have very little to do with gaining important flights for the region.

As i say, we have to wait and see who will buy HUY but be assured there will be a buyer who will be able to put the private investment into the airport which it so needs to gain the flights it has lost in the last few years. CAT III springs to mind. MAG dont invest heavily until past the point of demand requiring it due to the fact its public money being spent. HUY cannot be another BOH or EMA and to get LGW they have to sell HUY to do so.