PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Runway closed at LHR???
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2008, 22:51
HeathrowAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almost 43 years ago
Perhaps ATC and co has gone a long way since then?

The other problem is inbounds, which come in flushes from various directions during the day - sometimes all from the north, then all from the south. In these situations the radar controllers are constantly faced with separation/vortex problems in achieving tight spacing on both runways.
Yeah i have lived under the 27R ILS for 15 years, Sometimes you can have 20 minutes worth of Inbounds from BNN and LAM and a few from OCK and BIG then it flips around to the south and vise verser.

On a clear day or night i can see the stacks and were the traffic is coming from and i can see all around London. Sometimes BIG and LAM are used and a/c come of OCK and BNN and then LAM and BIG and vise verser.

It's more complicated but would it not be easier for T5 Arrivals to use south and north Runway then T1 North Runway, T2 South Runway, T3 North Runway and T4 South Runway. That could help.

The obvious answer at Heathrow is to scrap the night jet ban and go for H24 operations, like they did 40 years ago. Perhaps you'd like to suggest that to the residents of Hounslow??!!
Yes but considering 40 years ago it was 1/2 or 1/4 of what it was today?

Can you imagine how quite it is at night a Plane flying over every minute?

That would be so annoying as sometimes at 4 when the first lot come over i cant get back to sleep as i can hear them, but 15 miles out they are not as loud as over Hounslow.

So do you support 3rd Runway, Mixed mode or H24?