PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QF Delays/Serviceabilities - Add entries here
Old 22nd May 2008, 13:19
hadagutfull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being Stupid???

Having been personally involved in some of the recent delays, I can assure you it was not a go slow!!!
We actually were aware of the pax inconvenience and tried to expedite the work we had to do. But having to get all the appropriate tooling, manual references, locking out various systems etc etc... takes time.
How many times have we tried to get the procedures refined to suit line environments??? too many. It just ended up in the too hard basket!!
Its not my system and I did not write the PPM or the AMM, but if that is the stuff they will hang me out to dry with whilst trying to get the plane out then ill use it against them to show how much WE put our asses on the line for the good of the company in the past!!!
I did not get a break that day and the delays put extra pressure on our own resources as the days are planned around everything going on time, so its not a go slow and my personal apologies to anyone who was delayed but we did the best we could whilst operating within the rules.

Cheers.