PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common sense security for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2008, 07:58
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Krusty & renurpp good posts.

I had the displeasure of passing thru AD last year dressed in the full monkey suit (God I hate our uniforms)paxing back to ML after committing aviation from AD to DN then back to AD with my flight bag containing a lap top & other items of offence. I was asked by the very understanding smiling staff .......NOT to remove my laptop from my flight bag for an individual inspection. They passed my now closed laptopless flight bag thru the xray machine 3 times & finally said lets have a look inside it in detail. The most dangerous object found that would have no doubt been an international threat to the world was a broken arm off a pair of spare sunnies I kept in the bottom of my flight bag. This was removed & no doubt discarded. I was then allowed to repack my flight bag after having it's entire contents out for all to see (you know all those nasty things we pilots keep inside) along with my shoes that they asked to be removed....phewwww

The day before travelling from ML to AD the security staff at ML all but waved me thru!!

Gotta love the SOPS applied

CW