PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "The management of this company has contributed far more to its wellbeing and success
Old 22nd May 2008, 07:43
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drdexter1975
....if life's that bad at the Q fellas then stop whining and go somewhere else!
Funny you should say that. Only a few years ago it was utterly unheard of for a QF pilot to resign, or take unpaid leave, to go and work somewhere else because he had the sh*ts. I mean, the news of such an event, even involving just a single person, would spread like wildfire among the pilots.

Then something happened in the last 3 years which made two or three guys do it, followed by a handfull, followed by several handfulls. It doesn't sound much, but re-read para 1 above. Yet another mainline Captain - a top guy, and pretty young too - left just some days ago, but it hardly even rates a mention now.

My financial dependance on earning QF bikkies ends in about 2 years (with a big margin of comfort I might add), at which time I'm seriously considering leaving if a new relationship is not forged between the management and the employees. That's 20 years before retirement.

Of course, if you listened to the Chief Pilot's interview on TV, "no pilots are leaving", which was quite a gregarious and astonishing lie (and he's fully aware of it).