PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Common sense security for pilots?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 23:11
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always argued for a bit of common-bloody-sense to apply to screening, but commonsense and DOTARS live on different planets.

You can strip the 2 pilots going through security down to their undies if it takes your fancy, but I'm sure they could still manage to fly into a building in only their underpants.

In fact, if even one of the pilots is a terrorist, there are many aircraft types in which it would be a very, very simple matter to take complete control without the use of any weapon whatsoever - even without those readily available in the cockpit itself.

If they even devoted half the time and effort to properly checking pilot identification as they do to confiscating pilot deodorant bottles we'd be a lot safer.

BTW, I've been fortunate not to have been abused by any passenger yet (can't say the same for some of my airline colleagues though), but my tolerance for such things is zero. They certainly wouldn't want to do it if I'm operating their flight. It'll be a long wait for the next one while they have an in-depth chat with APS or the Feds.