PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Interview Profile
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 14:24
tom744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying hours

j-p744,

average flying hours a years comes close to 1000, maybe 950 or something....
to be honest: chance to get overtime pay is very remote since they pay your bunk hours only half, like DH.
Means on a doudle crew flight with let's say 14 h you get 10,5 h credit ( 7 h on seat + 7 hours DH, payed half)
On 3-pilot crew flight with 9 h flight time you get 7,5 h credit ( 6 h on seat + 3 h DH, payed half).
On single crew full credit, of course.
Basically spoken you need about 95 h / month to get overtime pay, I personally get overtime pay about 3 times a year, better don't count on it.
P1 and P2 is balanced on multi crew flights and in between there are still some short sectors within Asia with single crew.
Worth to metion is that the 1000 h limitation is always consecutive and not within a calendar year; so in your 2nd year after check out you'll fly a lot less and it's a bit more relaxed.
Commuting home doesn't count towards your pay but towards your annual limit; so they try to make you operate home if they can.
But in fact it doesn't matter id you aren't on overtime since commuting is always duty time;
off day starts the day after you arrived home; duty starts the day you leave your home.
But yes, they squeeze you as much they can...but for the average 14 days/month home I get (including a extra trip) it's worth to me.