PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 07:02
FRying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading an article in the HR section of a newspaper stating the hiring of oil-industry professionals is becoming more challenging now as the technical skills are highly demanding due to the increasing difficulty in finding and digging out that precious liquid, I started thinking this is the beginning of the end of our system as we know it.

Let me explain : if oil-producing firms hardly find anyone skilled enough to pump out petrol, WHATEVER THE SALARY(!!!), this should mean this petrol IS getting extremely scarce. The number highly-qualified engineers ready to put tons of cash in their pocket should be sufficient. In fact, it is not because this task has become so complicated if not nearly impossible.

And when I link this information to the fact countries like Saudi Arabia tend to blow their figures on remaining stocks a little bit, I believe it is high time I started thinking about a future reconversion and change in life-style.

Now, who in this room is surprised with this outcome ? Everybody knows it won't last another century and our lives will change more than dramatically. And in a way, isn't it time we stopped that whole messy dependance on oil ? Look where it's taking us to : wars and pollution. We can make it a chance for an environmental revolution or it can kill our societies.