PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2008, 03:53
justlooking_tks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not BA and haven't read all the posts, so forgive me if this has been mentioned previously.

What will WW do with the surplus crews that will be standing around on full pay etc.? I cant see him paying out for too long before he starts looking for "volunteers" to depart.

This maybe good timing on BA's part and a shot across the bowes of BALPA. More or less saying if you go on strike we wont have to look for volunteers to take early retirement. Yes early retirement. Just because one is ex BA will not mean that most will be snapped up by another airline. The "glory days" are over for a few more decades now. In fact if you think about it, WW's timing maybe be spot on, as far as BA are concerned, come October there will probably be a large surplus of experienced pilots on all types flooding the market. So he may do the 2 together, save money by parking up a/c and the early retirement volunteers handed to him on a plate, if the strike goes ahead. Mind you I guess he would have no hesitation getting the axe out should he need to.

I am sure it wont only be BA parking a/c in the desert either, as oil will hit $200/barrel, within a year is my guess.

Just a thought.

Last edited by justlooking_tks; 21st May 2008 at 04:19.