PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 21:33
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that the LEAR 20 series are not turbojets they're space rockets---or wannabe F4's
Isn't it an oversized fighter with fighter wings and a plush cabin instead of a bomb bay?

so Fly it to the fence to save some money on overhauls, even if you have to push balanced field into the overrun?
if the company wants to go to the overrun as part of the stop, so be it, I'd probably just move companies. Flex it as far as the stop goes to just short of the overrun and the climb numbers are OK is fine by me. If the company wants to loose the tyres being sunk in a soft overrun, it's their choice. The insurers will have a nice chat with the management.

But when that's the V1 chosen, definitely no abort past V1 unless the conditions dictate it's better to stop and pray I make it before the petrol station on the other side of the fence.

Basically aborting past V1 as per the majority of your posts and flex is the same in that you're making the decision with less stopping distance available.

If you've been preaching you'd stop past V1, I don't see why you'd look down at flex t/o... unless, you want to abort past V1 so much that you'd never flex t/o because you know U'd be in deep doo-doo whenever you make a stop or go decision past V1high...

Have a read at that link again, with V1low, feel free to be stop minded, with V1high, be go minded. Your choice, your life... we won't laugh. If your stop minded with V1high (which I'm sure U're not), then we won't laugh, we'd just shake our heads.

If you're nitpicking as to which is safer, and your workplace has a V1 policy you're not comfortable with, just move somewhere else that can give you the comfort (dunno and dun really care which companies go for V1bal, V1low or V1high, take yer pick), and accept the fact that some others have a different V1 policy to what you want that's still legal (and safe ..