PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Daily Telex, 16 May...WARNING...
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 11:36
Numero Crunchero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
christep

Ok, I'll bite but I rather suspect it is a bait.

Teachers, Nurses, Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, Consultants, Firemen, Waiters etc etc. People whose pay does and has gone up over years for doing exactly the same work. Salaries generally go up faster than the real rate of inflation, not the publicly declared ex food and ex oil figures. Well that is the case in most capitalist societies.

Now onto your salary - you must love your job to have stuck with it for 1/5th of my salary. Almost everyone I know who failed at being a pilot has gone on to far greater and financially rewarding things - a mate of mine now earns over $500K AUD per year as an anesthesiologist. Mates that went into merchant banking earn 7 digits. I finished my MBA in 99 - the average Starting! salary for those graduates was $140-150K US but if you were good at finance it was closer to $200K - but of course I decided to pursue the lucrative, financially limiting career of aviation!

I am constantly amazed at the personal and financial sacrifices made by my colleagues to get to the same place I am at now - sacrifices people do not have to make to anywhere near the same extant in 90% of careers.

I appreciate that you are entitled to your opinion - but coming in half cocked is just plain annoying. This bulletin board is the only effective means that CX/KA pilots can have a good whinge about the company - unfortunately it is open to the public but that doesn't mean we welcome their comments. If I want someone to tell me I am an overpaid w@nker I can ring my mate SAD or any nearby zoologist.