PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 08:21
ekpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do!

Actually most of what AC said is part of Dubai's reality. We all came to improve our situation in the first place. But yes some people get a reality check big time when they get here. I've been here long enough to say "I'm happy there is more time behind me then ahead of me here" Don't kid yourself. If you come from a first world country you are actually moving to a developing country to be politically correct. And you bet it is developing. And in the middle east... Hello! This is expat world around here and you are not home. Not easy sometimes I have to agree. When you hear some people around here you think Dubai is the best place on the planet. They truly like Dubai and i can understand in some extend. Well good for them. I wish them a long and prosper life here. But then for others like AC it's not and i think anybody from a first world country can truly understand AC unless they are in denial. There are many types of people around here as you will find when you come here. Who can be the judge. Dubai is what you make it. Sadly all i can say to people like AC is do something about it. Not easy you will say, i know. But the problem is once you are here, you are stuck here no matter where you are from. It's a big move to come here. When i came close to 10 years ago it was a very different place here. The company was very different too. Today it is a very different situation and there are many more points to consider before coming to Dubai. Good luck if you consider Emirates. Do your researches. Don't rush it. The info is out there. This rumor web site is still a very good source of info no matter what some people say. I did it back then, and i am now planning my next move. It's all about timing i guess. I got lucky i guess and a few more years here and bye bye thank you very much...

In the mean time, keep discovering