PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you abort after V1?
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 08:03
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC

When I first got involved in this discussion SSG brought up a serious point one that had crossed my mind a few times on takeoff in a Citation approaching V1. That was "what sort of failure would make me as a Captain decide to ignore V1 and take my chances on the ground. Or even having rotated as with the 748 fire, put the aircraft back down again. Rememeber I was talking about a citation not a 747 and a citation on a runway where it could take off or land twice.

SSG i really feel that having started a valid discussion you are now coming over as being on some sort of Ego trip, I am cleverer than you sort of thing and you cannot let go.

The problem with forums are that they are faceless text. Text can be misread, misunderstood so my apologies if any of my text has come over wrong. My thanks to all the very experienced and clever people who have contibuted to making the subject clearer and so interesting.

On that I am bowing out of this thread as it has dried up for me and thanks to everyone

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 20th May 2008 at 09:38.