PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those considering Emirates
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2008, 05:41
Scooby Don't

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As AC says, he should have done his research. While I don't doubt that there are certain issues which would be hard to discover ahead of time (except by asking on a forum like this...), I'd have to say that AC's problems are of his own making.

As for Dubai itself, as a place to live it is what you make of it. Admittedly I don't work for Emirates so I have a rather better housing allowance. I still knew I'd be topping up the allowance from salary to pay rent of AED 180,000. I knew what I'd have to pay ahead of time, thanks to the wonders of the internet. Even the driving is something you can work around to some extent - go shopping when the malls and roads are (relatively) quiet! At least you don't have to drive yourself to work, as I do.

I wouldn't have sought to lambast particular nationalities, but AC managed to disparage Canadian, Seth Efricans and everyone from "third tier", for which I read "third world", airlines. Perhaps the medicated wives are mostly American? Perhaps the unrealistic expectations are also an American issue. They are most certainly AC's issue.